A Cold Legacy (Book 3 in the Madman’s Daughter Series)
Genre: Fantasy/Pastiche (retelling of a fictional literary character)
Expected Publication: January 2015
Bang Bang Rating: 3.5 /5
This eBook is available on Edelweiss
Juliet, Montgomery, Lucy, and a dying Edward are on the run to Elizabeth’s estate.
Dang, that was Good
- Consistent. If you liked book 1 and 2 then you will enjoy this final book. There are twists and turns, unexpectedness, adventure, and some romance.
- Pastiche. I enjoyed Shephard’s take on classic literature throughout the series. It’s a great introduction for teens.
That’s Too Bad, Dang
- Repetitive. Although I thoroughly enjoyed book 2, I felt like this flow of this book was too similar. I know that should be a good thing but I don’t know if I grew as a reader but this book was too soap opera-ish. In soaps, no one is who they say they are. You’re just waiting for twist. After awhile, it gets old.
- No Heat. The first two books had some hot and heavy up against the table loin throbbing action. This one, not so much-BOOO
- No Gore. Once again, the first two books had blood and gore and gross. This one, not so much. It’s Frankenstein for goodness sake. It should be dark and nasty. This one was just flip the switch and that’s all.
The writing was nothing special, it read like a soap opera and not a very good one. I just didn’t care anymore.