My goal for October will be 7 books.
This might be difficult because it’s Teen Read Week in October which is a big deal in YA LibrarianLand.
I’m also going to two author visits, Julie Murphy and Rainbow Rowell. And I’m going to a YA Lit Festival for an entire weekend.
But I can do it, I…think…I…can?
So here are my TBR books for October.
- Rose Society by Marie Lu-I was a big fan of the Legend Series. Young Elite…Meh but it ended strong so I’m curious to see what’s going to happen. This is currently available of Edelweiss.
- Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman-So there’s a pirate trend apparently and I’ve never read a pirate book, so why not start with this one. Blackhearts is on Edelweiss
- The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig-Time traveling on a ship? Yes, please. The Girl is on Edelweiss.
- The Shadow Queen by CJ Redwine-This one has much loves on Edelweiss and honestly, when I don’t know what to read next I search Edelweiss for the books with a lot of much loves. Don’t judge me. The Shadow Queen is on Edelweiss
- The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes-I didn’t like her Naturals Series but my colleagues said this book was good. I read the description and it sounds like a 16 year old Olivia Pope. That’s my type of hype. The Fixer is published.
- Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine-I heard a lot about this book but didn’t think much of it. I recommended it to a friend and she gave it a 5 on Goodreads and she rarely gives out 5’s so that means I need to read it now. Ink and Bone is published.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley-This is the October read for my book discussion group and I’ve never read the original, so I’m excited about this.
- * Passengers by Alexandra Bracken-Yay, another time travel book on a ship. WTH? I want to read this but Netgalley is being stingy. If I get approved, I’ll try to squeeze it in but no promises.