I saw this tag on Arctic Books and it looked like fun so here goes…
- Before I read any book, I always check to see the page length. I don’t know why. Whether the book is 700 pages or 150 pages, if I want to read it; I will. All I know is that I’ve done this my entire chapter book reading life.
- I hate sad stories so I avoid realistic fiction like the plague. I’ll only read it if I have to.
- I like a happy ending.
- I always read the book before I see the movie however, I won’t read the book if it’s a TV show.
- I do not buy books sight unread. I will only buy a book after I read it and loved it and…
- Plan on getting it signed by the author. I only want…
- Hardcovers signed by authors-no ARCs or paperbacks.
- I usually try to have the author write a quote from their book or BLANK loves BLANK forever.
- After reading a book I really liked, I check the author’s site to see if they are speaking in the area. I also look to see if they live in the Chicago area so I can invite them to my teen book club.
- If I only liked one book from a series, I will only buy that book to have the author sign. I won’t buy the entire series. For example, I only own and have Stiefvater’s signature on Dream Thieves and I probably won’t buy Raven Boys or Blue Lily. Don’t judge me.
- I am deeply ashamed of this but I don’t buy a lot of books. Because I’m a librarian, I get free books hand over fist. I’m not bragging, just stating the facts. I’ve probably only purchased 10 books in the past 2 years. If I kept all the free books I’v obtained over the past three years, I’d own over 300 books. But…
- I only own about 30 books. I just bought a bookshelf two months ago.
- I prefer to read hardcovers over paperbacks because they lay better but…
- I really like eBooks because I can read them in the dark and I seem to get through them faster and I can take notes and I can look up vocab easily.
- I always take the jacket off when I first get a book to see if there are any surprises.
- I don’t like to read backwards. That means I don’t like to read books from the previous year and prior so I try to read as many books as I can from the current year so I don’t miss anything.
- I’m trying to collect every edition of Harry Potter. This will be an expensive endeavor seeing as there’s a new edition every year. I’m still working on first editions, so if anyone has any they’d like to trade, let me know. Thanks!
- I can only read one book at a time. I don’ t know how people can read multiple books at once-fascinating.
- I have an author bucket list.
- Exhibit halls are my sport. I leave the day in pain and dehydrated but it’s worth it. I also love to see my coworker’s face the first time they experience an ALA exhibit hall.
- I don’t judge books by their cover.
- I’ve been told that I’m very picky about the books I read.
- I don’t read crappy books-that’s my personal motto. I ALWAYS check the GR rating. If it’s under 4.0, it’s highly unlikely I’ll read it. I check Edelweiss for “much loves” and I check to see how many star ratings a books has. If it has 20 or more “much loves” or at least 3 star reviews, I WILL read it. I know this is sad but I make no apologies.
- I read an ARC as soon as I get it. I read Winner’s Crime 6 months before it was published so I’ve had to wait a year and a half for the last book. I don’t wait until all the books are published although I see the appeal.
- Bookmail is the highlight of my day.
So what do we have in common?